Bunny Chow: South African-Indian delicacy

Have you ever heard of Bunny Chow? No? Seriously, you gotta try it at least once!
 
A Bunny Chow is a South African dish consisting of a hollowed out loaf of bread filled with curry. It originated in the Durban Indian community (East coast).
 
It can be made with chicken, lamb or even vegetable curry.
 
It is the equivalent of our kebab here in the UK. It is what you buy on your way home after a night out clubbing (or so I have been told).

I love eating with my hands (I love street food in general). You tear the side of the bread bowl and you use it to sccop out the curry filling (as it was a chapati). Yum!

I love the chicken curry version (cooked with chicken drumsticks) in a nice crispy bread.
 
Finger-lickin' good :).


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby shower gift for the dad-to-be

Choosing an au pair: Definitely not an easy task

Day 1 with our au pair: Overwhelming day to say the least