Day 2 with our au pair: Confused and slightly concerned

I find it very difficult to describe Day 2. 

It is a mixture of emotions: confusion and concern.

Dylan is taking well to Anna. He is easy going and understands what her role is and what he is supposed to do.

Ryan, on the other hand, does not understand why Anna takes care of him when Mummy is around. Ryan throws tantrums because he wants Mummy (he is only 22 months). 

Anna confessed she was worried about Ryan. She feels that he won't take to her: What if he cries for me during the day (when I am not around) and that she is not able to cheer him up? I reassured her and explained her the reasons why he acts the way he does and that it would improve in a few days.

I, on the other side, am a bit concerned about the kids' safety. We went to town this afternoon to do a bit of shopping and she did not seem to pay much attention to the boys, more engrossed in her shopping (or maybe because she knew I was there?). Also she does not seem to check probably before crossing the roads.

I know it is early days but this is ringing the alarm bell in my head and I find it hard to relax.

Tomorrow I have planned a spa day with a friend. Trevor will be with her and the boys. They are going to the beach. Maybe it is a good thing. He is more laid back than me. He will observe her and probably tell me that I am worrying for no reason. I hope...

All the other aspects of home sharing are fine. She is very helpful and seem to have settled well at home.

I will just be happier when the safety aspect is resolved.

Bring on Day 3!

If you wish to catch up with "Day 1 with our au pair": https://theblogofafulltimeworkingmum.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/day-1-with-our-au-pair-overwhelming-day.html?m=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby shower gift for the dad-to-be

Choosing an au pair: Definitely not an easy task

Day 1 with our au pair: Overwhelming day to say the least