Cupcake Making Evening with Dylan

Yesterday evening Dylan and I made some cupcakes.


I am no baking expert and I don’t like the mess so it is not something we do often.

Ryan was in bed (he is only 21 months old) and daddy at work so I said OK. Mum and son's bonding time.

I did not have baking chocolate (and I was a bit lazy as well to be honest) so we used chocolate cake mix.

Dylan mixed the dough with the hand mixer and placed the cupcake cases in the muffin tray.


He also cleaned the bowl -by that I mean that he licked the bowl.


Because it was a last minute thing, I forgot to take the butter out to prepare the buttercream frosting (I had tried to melt butter in the microwave in the past but it was a disaster. I completely ruined the buttercream).

Luckily I found a trick online to soften butter quickly. Definitely one of the best baking tricks ever!


Basically, what you need to do to soften butter quickly (but don’t want to melt it) is to put boiling water in a glass to heat it. Leave the boiling water in the glass for a few seconds then remove the water. Flip the glass over the butter and wait for a few minutes (about 4-5 minutes). Et voila!

I then did the frosting and Dylan decorated the cupcakes.


He ate one and then placed a few in a tin to take to his childminder's to share with his friends tomorrow. Bless him.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby shower gift for the dad-to-be

Choosing an au pair: Definitely not an easy task

Day 1 with our au pair: Overwhelming day to say the least