Career woman, stay-at-home mum, entrepreneur and childminder in just one year!

So much has happened since my last post in November 2016. It has been absolutely crazy! Just a rollercoaster of emotions really.

Things started to deteriorate with our au-pair around Christmas time (2016) and she announced she was leaving us at the beginning of February 2017.

Soon after that I was let go by my employer, for reasons I still cannot comprehend. I chose not to take it further, took my pay-out and said goodbye.

So just like that, one Friday morning, I became a "stay-at-home" mum. I enjoyed it for a while. It was nice to be able to take Dylan to school, go to playgroups with Ryan, meet up with other mums for coffee...

But that did not last. I just became bored. And with so much time on my hands, I started to ruminate about everything that had happened and to feel depressed.

I decided to turn this rather unpleasant experience into something positive and began thinking about business ideas. Some were pretty good to be totally honest. However, me not being so much of a risk-taker, building a business from scratch was not really an option for me. Hence why I decided to invest into a franchise. Eventually I found a low-investment franchise.

I started trading as a franchisee in June 2017, supplying healthy snacks to offices, schools and other workplaces... Quite exciting at the beginning, it became apparent that the franchise was still at its development stage. I gave notice to my franchisor in December 2017, after realising that the franchise was unlikely to take off.

I managed to recover my initial investment and decided to use the money to register as a Childminder. Why childminding, you may ask?

I had to think quickly about my next step after I gave my notice to my franchisor. Going back to work was not an option for me (I was not ready yet) and funds were running low. I needed a low-investment opportunity with immediate return on investment.

With the money worries taken care of (hopefully), I am now hoping this will buy me time to think about my next move. I am giving myself 3 years to find a good business concept and to save enough money to launch it.

Let's think positive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby shower gift for the dad-to-be

Choosing an au pair: Definitely not an easy task

Day 1 with our au pair: Overwhelming day to say the least