What is the dumbest (yet funniest) thing you have ever done?

You will never guess what I did today!

I drove to the local Tesco during lunchtime (because it was raining), park my car, get my sandwich (nothing exciting - ham and cheese) and walk back to work.

A couple of hours later, I look out the window. I cannot find my car.

Where is my car?
Did I park it somewhere else today?

I go to the (company) car park. The car is not there.

Where is my car?
Did I leave the keys on the contact and someone stole it?

I run back to my desk, check for the keys in my handbag. I find the keys.

WHERE THE HELL IS MY CAR???

By then I am completely panicked and I am shaking.

I finally remember that I drove to Tesco...

I take my car keys, storm out of the office (without telling anyone) and run as fast as I can to Tesco.

On my way to Tesco I get a few weird looks from passers-by.

What? Have they never seen a woman sprinting in stilettos? Apparently not :).

My guess is that I may not have been very gracious. Sorry people I was in a rush.

Anyway I am digressing here... Back to the story...

I arrive at Tesco, find my car and drive back to work.

I sit back at my desk, my colleagues looking at me with puzzled/amused looks on their faces. I tell them my story.

Needless to say that they tease me for a while afterwards.

I am such a wally :).

What about you? What is the dumbest (yet funniest) thing you have ever done?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby shower gift for the dad-to-be

Day 1 with our au pair: Overwhelming day to say the least

Choosing an au pair: Definitely not an easy task