Days 5-7 with our au pair: Finally settled in!

The next 3 days passed by like a blur.

Anna and I went for walks in town and around the block so I could show her the main points of interest: doctor surgery, pharmacy, school, bank, library, local convenience store, library, local children's centres, local parks...

It was also a way for Anna to get used to walking with the kids, crossing the roads safely and me helping her through it.

We also went through the different emergency numbers and I gave her a first-aid kit (for the small boo-boos).

Anna also asked me if I could give her a list of what she should achieve daily and weekly, which I did:

Daily:
- Wake the boys up
- Help them get dressed and brush their teeth
- Help the boys dress their bed
- Prepare their breakfast
- Take Dylan to school
- Prepare lunch for Ryan
- Pick up Dylan from school
- Help Dylan with his homework
- Give the boys a bath
- Help the boys tidy up their toy room
- Help me around dinner time (lay the table and wash the dishes)

Weekly:
- Clean her room
- Clean her bathroom
- Vacuum the house (once)

We also put together a weekly meal planner as I am now back at work (I only took a few days off to support Anna). Anna is not comfortable cooking (fair enough) so we had to find something that she would be comfortable preparing and that both her and Ryan would eat. Job done as well!

And finally we discussed her worked days for September. Her days worked are not set days, as Trevor works shifts: it depends on his shift rota.

We have yet to sit together and review our first week but I think it is a job for later (in a couple of days or so). Everything feels so fresh still. Anna still needs to get used to her new environment and I still need to learn to share my home and my children with someone else :).

If you want to catch up with Day 3&4: https://theblogofafulltimeworkingmum.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/day-3-with-our-au-pair-much-better.html?m=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby shower gift for the dad-to-be

Choosing an au pair: Definitely not an easy task

Day 1 with our au pair: Overwhelming day to say the least