Playdough Activity: Rainy Day Boredom Buster

Today I thought I would surprise the kids with outdoor water games but once again the weather was pretty awful so I decided to plan a playdough activity instead.

They love it but they do not get to play with playdough very often. I tend to avoid messy play as much as possible. Too much cleaning ;)!

So today playdough activity... 

Not a good start... No playdough... I must have discarded the dry and cracky playdough and forgot to replace it (yep definitely something I would have done!).

Luckily I found a playdough recipe online: 

Ingredients
- 3 cups floor
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Food colouring

Method
Mix it all together in a bowl and keep kneading it until it is just right. Easy as that. It takes 5 minutes more or less.


 Ryan (1 1/2 years old) enjoyed planting popsicle sticks in the playdough.


Dylan (6 years old) chose to write his name with the playdough and build a house with popsicle sticks and dough balls (I did not get a chance to take a photo before the building collapsed).
 


Dylan and I also had a go at making playdough imprints with farm animals and dinosaurs. We each had a turn at finding out which animal shape the other imprinted in the playdough. That was quite fun :).
 

Ryan was mesmerised by the pig imprints. It made him giggle every time.

All in all it was a successful activity. Definitely something to do again. I like the fact that it is not messy, not costly, does not take long to prepare and that it keeps the kids busy for a while (yay!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby shower gift for the dad-to-be

Day 1 with our au pair: Overwhelming day to say the least

Choosing an au pair: Definitely not an easy task