New Pupils' Taster Day: Who is it more nerve-racking for?

Today was Dylan's New Pupils' Taster Day at his new school. It was an exciting but scary experience for him.

You see, we are moving home around November time. Unfortunately this means that Dylan has to change school. So far he welcomed the changes relatively well but this morning... not so well...

Daddy is off today so he took Dylan for his Taster Day. Poor Dylan cried all the way to his new school :(.

Part of me is heartbroken because I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE! Sometimes, like today, I really hate the fact that I work full-time! I cannot help but think that it could have been different for Dylan this morning if I had been there (Daddy would roll his eyes if he read this). I AM HIS MUMMY after all, it is MY job to accompany him every step of the way...

My company tries to be flexible with the doctor appointments, dentist appointments, sicknesses, Big Breakfasts, Sports Days, Birthday Assemblies, Walk-in Wednesdays, school holidays (and everything else)...

Can I really ask my company for more flexibility? How much is too much? I am already leaving early to go to parent consultation this afternoon and I left early on Tuesday because Dylan was poorly... No. I really could not have asked for more.

Anyway...


To go back to Dylan, because it is not about me, he had a really positive experience in the end (Daddy would say to me: 'I told you there was nothing to worry about'). But this is my job to worry about him :).

Dylan said that he sat in the Year 2 class (the Otters Class) and met his new teacher who is very nice. He made 5 friends and even won the race. William showed him where the toilets were and his new best friend's name is Freddy (...)

You get the point :). He is very excited about his new school and cannot wait to see his new friends again.

Everthing is for the best in the best of worlds.

Please remind me why I worried about him in the first place? Because I am a MUMMY of course and this is what mummies do best :)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby shower gift for the dad-to-be

Day 1 with our au pair: Overwhelming day to say the least

Choosing an au pair: Definitely not an easy task