My New Cupcake Obsession

I have got a thing for cupcakes... I am simply addicted. I cannot really explain why but I really am obsessed with cupcakes right now.

Is it because it is a TINY CAKE?
Is it because it is REALLY PRETTY?
Is it just because it is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!

Probably all of the above to be honest ;). 

I have started making my own cupcakes. The first attemps were simply horrendous. I did not realise how hard baking was. I am NO baker but I love these little cakes so much, I don't mind trying a little bit harder :).

I think I have (almost) perfected the cake part. The best cupcake recipe I found so far is the Hummingbird Bakery Vanilla Cupcake Recipe:
http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/475442/The-Hummingbird-Bakery-vanilla-cupcakes.

I am still struggling with the frosting for some reasons. I don't always get the right consistency and my frosting piping techniques urgently need attention. I watched loads of tutorials but I think I will need to go on a course or something. Any tips would be much appreciated please.

These are some of my early creations (I only started a couple of months ago so please be kind):


And these are cupcakes I made for my niece's first birthday. I am proud of them but they are far from perfect (please don't look too close):

 
I have been asked to make cupcakes for a baby shower in September and a 40th birthday in October so I really have to perfect my frosting techniques by then. I also need to learn how to make cupcake toppers. Another nice "little" challenge for me to achieve...
 
I will keep you updated :)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby shower gift for the dad-to-be

Day 1 with our au pair: Overwhelming day to say the least

Choosing an au pair: Definitely not an easy task